– There once was a young boy aged 7, who was forced to go to work because his family lost their house.
– The little boy’s mother passed away when he was 9 years old.
– The boy grew to become a young man and lost his job as a store clerk at age 20 years.
– He went into debt at age 23 years to become a partner in a small store, and at age 26 years his partner died leaving him with a debt it took years to repay.
– At 28 years he proposed to the love of his life … she turned him down!
– He made three tries to get elected to Congress before finally making it at age 37 years.
– His own son died at age 4 years.
– At age 45 years he ran for senate … and lost.
– He ran for vice-presidency at age 47 years … and lost.
You might think by now that this man would say enough is enough, but Abraham Lincoln believed in himself and at age 51 years was elected to be the President of the United States.
Anyone who is pushing for success will face adversity, it is how you react to adversity that defines who you are! As they say in the commercials … Be All That You Can Be!
Kevin Dee is CEO of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Centre!
Gain a competitive edge! Join Eagle’s Executive Consulting Network!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) VirtualRecruiter service?