It is a GREAT way to focus your attention on all that is good in your life.
By focusing on the good (a) the other stuff appears much less important, (b) it takes the sting out of the tough stuff and (c) it reminds you to strive for the good!
- A couple of weeks ago my wife and I spent a week in Florida’s sunshine on the back of a motorbike … I smiled a lot!
- My daughter brought a new puppy home and they visited us on the weekend … lots of smiles there. (See picture)
- I get enjoyment from my fitness routines, relishing a good workout.
- I love it when my team wins.
- I get a smile snowshoeing on Lake Simcoe, walking on the beach in Florida, taking the dog for a walk on a crisp Winter day (not too cold) or a nice Summer day.
- I get a smile from giving the homeless guy $5 for his Outreach newspaper.
- I smile when I think about the life we have built over the last thirty years.
- I smile when I get to relax with a sudoku on a Saturday morning.
- I smile when I get to enjoy a nice meal in a good restaurant with my wife.
- I smile when I talk to my mum … see the picture!
I smile for all sorts of reasons!
In fact one of my favorite sayings is “Walk Fast and Smile“!
What makes YOU smile?
Kevin Dee is CEO of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Centre!
Gain a competitive edge! Join Eagle’s Executive Consulting Network!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) VirtualRecruiter service?