Think about what makes you smile.
It is a GREAT way to focus your attention on all that is good in your life.
By focusing on the good, (a) the other stuff appears much less important, (b) it takes the sting out of the tough stuff and (c) it reminds you to strive for the good!
- I get enjoyment from my fitness routines, relishing a good workout.
- I love it when my team wins … any of my teams.
- I get a smile snowshoeing on Lake Simcoe, walking on the beach in Florida, taking the dog for a walk on a crisp Winter day (not too cold) or a nice Summer day.
- I get pleasure from vacations that involve sunshine and motorcycles (see picture).
- I get a smile from giving the homeless guy $5 for his Outreach newspaper.
- I smile when I think about the life we have built over the last thirty years.
- I smile when I get to relax with a sudoku on a Saturday morning.
- I smile when I get to enjoy good company and a nice meal in a good restaurant.
- I smile when I talk to my mum … see the picture!
I smile for all sorts of reasons!
In fact one of my favorite sayings is “Walk Fast and Smile“!
What makes YOU smile?
Kevin Dee is Chairman and founder of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Centre!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) VirtualRecruiter service?