Is it an “existence” or is it a “journey”?
Is it full of joy or is it full of pain?
Are you a “giver”, a “taker” or an “avoider”.
I love my life! There is no perfection and I would not want it if there was. There are always challenges, but through them I grow and learn. I don’t wait for “life to happen” I “make it happen”. I don’t “dream” about the impossible … I dream about what I might achieve and I chase that dream. I fail. I win. I fall. I get up.
It took me a long time to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. In hindsight the biggest thing you can do to make your life more fun, more interesting, more rewarding … is to live by a set of principles that work for you.
Here are some things to think about … you can read and discard, you can totally ignore, you can dip your toe in and try something or you can just believe and give it a try.
- Be kinder than necessary … you don’t know what that other person is “dealing with”.
- Smile … it will make you feel better and will have a positive affect on those around you.
- Do everything you do … with purpose!
- Dreams are good … it is action that will get you there.
- It is often easy to fool people for a while … but are you really deceiving yourself?
- You only have one go at this life … why not “go for it”?
- It is NEVER too late to start …
- Giving is a great way to grow … it almost always finds its way back in some fashion.
- Work when you should be working … play when you should be playing.
- Look after yourself … there is no warranty.
Kevin Dee is CEO of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Gain a competitive edge! Join Eagle’s Executive Consulting Network!
Find Canada’s top hot jobs, updated in real-time! Visit Eagle’s Job Centre!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) VirtualRecruiter service?