1. If you need to be at work anyway, you might as well do work!
2. It is VERY possible to get personal satisfaction from a job well done … AND it feels good.
3. NOTHING comes easy … so recognise that there will always be some effort required. Just keep it all in perspective.
4. Winning the lottery, marrying the rich person, inheriting a bundle … are all good book and movie material. Your chances of being the star of those events is slim to none, so make your own success!
5. It is a good bet that you will not wish you had spent more hours in the office when lying on your deathbed. HOWEVER work is what will provide you the opportunity to live the life you want … so don’t shortchange yourself!
Kevin Dee is the founder and Chairman of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Board!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) Virtual Recruiter service?