1. You don’t have to “kill yourself” in order to be successful … but you do need to be willing to do what it takes!
2. Some people THINK they work hard, some people ACTUALLY work hard … make sure you KNOW!
3. When you are working … WORK!
4. When you are not working … use your time wisely.
5. Wise use of time is a very personal thing … if you are enjoying it, then likely its good for you!
6. The crucial thing for success (personal OR work) is productivity, not hours put in, not time spent thinking about it and not time spent talking about it. (Whatever “it” is.)
7. At different times of your life you will need to make differing levels of commitment to your success. Just because you “earned your stripes” in the past does not mean you won’t need to do it again. ALWAYS be willing to do what it takes.
8. Don’t work hard for anyone else … just do it because its the right thing for YOU to do. Your employer will benefit too … but that is called win-win!
9. To me, true success means being happy with who you are. It is possible to be content with your lot in life, no matter what you do … so money, position, power are all just measures of success if that is what YOU want.
10. Don’t live your life at the expense of others.
“Nothing worth having comes easy.”
Kevin Dee is Chairman and founder of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Centre!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) VirtualRecruiter service?