If you want to be successful, in any job, then you need to focus your energies on the types of activities that move you towards your goals.
I think it should read Plan Your Work and Be Very Focused in Working Your Plan!
Some advice from the grey haired guy:
1. When you are at work be VERY focused on those activities in your plan!
2. Be social with your coworkers … but do NOT get sucked into long conversations, solve the world discussions or “whine sessions”.
3. Stay Positive! Your attitude will ultimately determine your success.
4. Use GREAT time management techniques … and continually upgrade your time management skills. The most successful people are incredibly productive and that is no accident!
5. Don’t focus on other people too much. YES emulate those who are successful, YES learn from those around you and YES be happy for your coworkers success. But do not worry that “she” is better than you, that “he” is fast tracking past you or that “they” should do their job better. Focus 99% of your energies on making YOU better, getting YOU where you need to be and on YOUR success.
6. Keep focused on the positive … it doesn’t matter what happened last month, last week, yesterday or even an hour ago. By “working your plan” with a view to now and the future you will be moving towards success.
7. Remember that we are all human, we all make mistakes so don’t sweat it!
8. Remember to revisit your plan often enough that it is not stale, but not so often that it never gets a chance to be executed.
9. Look for solutions not problems.
10. Did I mention Stay Positive. Positive people make things happen, focus on the good and are a joy to be around!
Kevin Dee is CEO of Eagle (a Professional Staffing Company)
Want to know where Canada’s hot jobs are? Visit the Eagle Job Centre!
Gain a competitive edge! Join Eagle’s Executive Consulting Network!
Have you tried Eagle’s (very cost effective) VirtualRecruiter service?